Our main contractor client with excellent staff retention is seeking to add an Estimator to help support building their private sector client base in the UK central regions. The contractor has an established client blue chip list which has been built over many years alongside a supportive supply chain portfolio.
Projects vary in size and disciplines so this role would ideally suit a candidate who has worked on varied schemes in excess of £10million, covering disciplines such as D&B and a mixture of commercial and industrial projects. This privately owned contractor has strong turnover and further plans to grow without losing their dedicated personal client touch.
Working closely with clients this main contractor prides itself on empowering its staff to focus on their strengths. As Estimator you will therefore be tasked with playing your part to help your department commercially, whilst preparing tenders, cost plans and two stage projects. Supported by a Senior Estimator and in turn a Managing Estimator you will be given the opportunity to deliver exciting tenders from receipt through to submission.
Summary of key experience:
- Ideally 2+ years estimating experience with strong feedback from previous employers
- Project experience of Design and Build tenders
- Main contractor experience specialising in previous projects within the commercial, industrial and retail sectors
- In addition candidates will also be considered if they have single sector experience from commercial, industrial and retail sectors, but then can demonstrate sector experience within fit-out, residential/education accommodation or leisure
- Individually driven with good interpersonal skills
- Willing to share our client’s passion for delivering exceptional projects
- You must hold an industry recognised ONC/HNC B ENG, NVQ or equivalent experience
- You must also be computer literate with good knowledge of Microsoft
- Prepare documents for tender handover
- Carry out regular site meetings
- Prepare all costings
- Support bid team to achieve deadlines
- Maintain regular contact with clients on site
- Support the estimating process on your projects
Please Note: Due to the unprecedented volume of response we are currently receiving, regrettably we are no longer able to respond to every application individually. If you have not heard back from us within 5 days, please assume your application for this role has been unsuccessful. We do read each CV carefully and if the situation changes or another potentially suitable role becomes active, we will be back in contact.