We are recruiting for a qualified Commercial Solicitor (remote working) to join a successful Commercial Legal Consultancy. The successful candidate will work autonomously, building successful client relationships and provide advice and extensive support with a full range of commercial contract-related requirements, including legal support with M&A transactions. This is a fully remote working role, with one face to face monthly team day usually based in the Berkshire area.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Developing business opportunities with both new and existing clients
- Building strong client relationships, establishing strategic objectives and identifying commercial infrastructure needs.
- Drafting and negotiating commercial contracts for clients, including IP and software license issues
- Assisting clients with negotiation of complex/high-value contracts with third-parties
- Supporting clients with dispute resolution and other commercial challenges
- Sharing knowledge and expertise with the client at every opportunity
- Providing accurate advice and support to clients and colleagues on company secretarial matters, ensuring transactions and business activities are documented accurately at each stage
- Supporting the Lead Negotiator with M&A deals, establishing key drivers for the client, advising on issues relating to due diligence and disclosure.
- Assisting with project management of each corporate transaction, ensuring that all parties progress actions in a timely manner
- Reviewing and drafting agreements in support of client commercial relationships
- Composing blog posts, newsletter articles and other marketing materials
- Mentoring junior members of the team, supporting and directing individual learning and development
- A fully qualified Solicitor, specialising in UK Commercial Law
- Solid corporate law experience in a Legal Practice or as Snr In-house Legal Counsel
- Solid experience supporting M&A transactions, evident in CV
- Experience drafting and negotiating commercial contracts covering software issues
- Strong influencing, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Commercial mind-set and pragmatic approach
- Experience with corporate transactions/M&A deals would be highly advantageous
If you think you are suitable for this role, then please click “APPLY” now!
Due to the unprecedented volume of response we are currently receiving, regrettably we are no longer able to respond to every application individually. If you have not heard back from us within 5 days, please assume your application for this role has been unsuccessful. We do read each CV carefully and if the situation changes or another potentially suitable role becomes active, we will be back in contact.