We are recruiting for an experienced Commercial Lawyer to join a thriving Commercial Legal Consultancy. You may be a qualified solicitor or an experienced in-house commercial contracting specialist. This is an opportunity to join a busy and supportive team, with a focus on delivering practical, friendly and relevant commercial contract support to a wide range of business clients. The successful candidate will work remotely, attending regular online team meetings and one face to face monthly team day, usually based in the Berkshire area.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Building strong client relationships, understanding client strategic objectives and identifying their 'commercial infrastructure' needs.
- Reviewing and drafting commercial contracts for clients, including IP and software licences, digital marketing services, master service agreements and many others
- Assisting clients with negotiation of complex/high-value contracts with third-parties
- Quickly understanding the key drivers of the client business to ensure you deliver appropriate, relevant, tailored advice
- Supporting clients with dispute resolution and other commercial challenges
- Identifying business opportunities with both new and existing clients
- Sharing knowledge and expertise with the client at every opportunity
- Providing accurate advice and support to clients, ensuring transactions and business activities are documented accurately at each stage
- Composing blog posts, newsletter articles and other marketing materials
- Mentoring junior members of the team, supporting and directing individual learning and development
- An experienced commercial lawyer, specialising in UK Commercial Law (qualified solicitor preferred but not essential, depending on experience)
- Solid corporate law experience in a Legal Practice or as Snr In-house Legal Counsel or Snr Commercial Manager
- Extensive experience drafting and negotiating commercial contracts covering software and technology issues
- Friendly and kind, good team player, able to make clients felt cared for and valued
- Strong fact-finding, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Commercial mind-set and pragmatic approach
- Experience with corporate transactions/M&A deals or GDPR would be highly advantageous
- Realistic billing targets, with strong focus on work-life balance
- Continuous learning and development opportunities through varied and challenging work
- All remote working equipment provided (inc. furniture if required)
- Flexible working, with core hours 10-12 and 2-4
- NHS top-up scheme pays for routine optical & dental plus other benefits
- Performance related bonus
- Company share scheme
- 25 days paid holiday plus English BHs
If you think you are suitable for this role, then please click “APPLY” now!
Due to the unprecedented volume of response we are currently receiving, regrettably we are no longer able to respond to every application individually. If you have not heard back from us within 5 days, please assume your application for this role has been unsuccessful. We do read each CV carefully and if the situation changes or another potentially suitable role becomes active, we will be back in contact.