We are recruiting for a dynamic and experienced Snr Commercial Lawyer to lead and inspire a team of legal consultants as a Commercial Services Director. Joining a thriving commercial consultancy and delivering practical, creative, and entrepreneurial legal support primarily to high-growth technology SMEs, you may be a qualified Solicitor or possibly a well-experienced in-house Commercial Contracts Manager.
Our client puts values and business objectives at the heart of everything they do, working with creativity and legal rigor to solve business challenges while identifying opportunities to drive growth and profitability. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work remotely, from anywhere in the U.K., leading and contributing to regular online team and one to one meetings. As there will be one monthly face to face team day, you should be commutable once a month to the Berkshire area.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Acting as a role model and mentor for the commercial contracts team, demonstrating excellence in service delivery in line with Company values, processes and standards, driving consistently excellent performance throughout the team.
- Building strong client relationships, understanding client strategic objectives and identifying their 'commercial infrastructure' needs.
- Reviewing and drafting commercial contracts for clients, including IP and software licences, digital marketing services, M&A support, master service agreements and many others
- Assisting clients with negotiation of complex/high-value contracts with third-parties
- Quickly understanding the key drivers of each client business, to ensure you deliver appropriate, relevant, tailored advice
- Supporting clients with dispute resolution and other commercial challenges
- Identifying business opportunities with both new and existing clients
- Sharing knowledge and expertise with the client at every opportunity
- Providing accurate advice and support to clients, ensuring transactions and business activities are documented accurately at each stage
- Composing blog posts, newsletter articles and other marketing materials to support communication and growth
- An experienced commercial lawyer, specialising in English Commercial Law (qualified Solicitor preferred but may not be essential)
- Solid corporate law experience in a Legal Practice or as Snr In-house Legal Counsel or Snr Commercial Manager
- Extensive experience drafting and negotiating commercial contracts covering software and technology issues
- Excellent written English, able to draft confidently and accurately
- Friendly and supportive, good team player, able to make clients feel valued
- Strong fact-finding, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Commercial mind-set and pragmatic approach
- Experience with corporate transactions/M&A deals and GDPR would be highly advantageous
- Individual and company performance-related bonus up to 10% of salary
- Company shares scheme
- Strong focus on work-life balance
- Supportive and collaborative working environment
- Continuous learning and development opportunities through varied and challenging work
- Flexible and remote working - All remote working equipment provided (inc. furniture if required)
- NHS top-up scheme pays for routine optical & dental plus other benefits
- 25 days paid holiday plus Bank Holidays
If you think you are suitable for this role, then please click “APPLY” now!
Due to the unprecedented volume of response we are currently receiving, regrettably we are no longer able to respond to every application individually. If you have not heard back from us within 5 days, please assume your application for this role has been unsuccessful. We do read each CV carefully and if the situation changes or another potentially suitable role becomes active, we will be back in contact.